Monday, July 21, 2008

Upside Down and Backwards

There were many things that I thought were neat about this book of stories. I liked that there were six different short stories because there were short enough that a young student wouldn't start to feel like what they are reading is too long. They are long enough to tell a whole story but short enough to hold the students' attention. I also liked that half the book is in english and the other half is in spanish. The cover was done really creatively. Having the stories in each language is good because if there are students with spanish as there first language, they might enjoy reading the spanish versions of the stories more. I also think that this book might serve well in high schools for spanish classes because I think that it would help the students with reading spanish text.

2 comments:

Carmen O said...

Thats a really good idea about using this book in high school spanish classes. Students could read the book in Spanish and then just flip it over to check it in English.

christian freeman said...

I never thought of using the book for a Spanish class. That is a good idea. I also think this book would be good for children to read with their parents or grandparents who might only speak and read Spanish.