Monday, July 14, 2008

Maria Isabel

I have finished reading My Name is Maria Isabel this weekend and I really enjoyed the story. I was happy that at the end the teacher finally realized that she was hurting Maria's feelings by not calling her by her real name. It is important that children do not feel overlooked and ignored by their teachers. I think that I would have really liked this book when I was in elementary school because it is a quick read and I found it to be interesting the whole way through the story.

2 comments:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

What age are you talking about, Hilary, more or less, when you say you'd loved to have read this book when you were younger? I'm thinking you were a very active reader as a child. Am I right?

Hilary LeMar said...

I think that this would be a good book for fifth grade possibly. I did like reading when I was in elementary school and middle school, but in high school I did not like many of the books that we had to read. One of my favorite books was Matilda.