Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Talented Clementine

I just finished The Talented Clementine and I really thought that it was a great story and that it would send a positive message to students reading it. I think that this story would show young students that everyone has something that they are good at, they just have to wait and find out what it is. I liked how Clementine always gave her opinion about everything throughout the story. I think that it is a good read for 3rd through 5th grade students. A craft lesson that might come from this story is having your students think of what they think is their best talent.

4 comments:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

I saw you had the book in class today and meant to ask you what you thought of it so far. And now I don't have to since you've responded to it here. I'm glad you liked it. Pennypacker is one of my favorite writers, and Marla Frazee is a fantastic illustrator.

Amanda J. said...

Hi Hilary, I also enjoyed reading The Talented Clementine novel. It was a great book to read. I agree that everyone has a talent. They just have to look for it. Amanda J.

Tamara said...

I really enjoyed this book too. I think that this book would be really great for young readers. It could really help inspire children to find their own talents.

Molly said...

I really enjoyed Clementine as well! I could totally relate to her and thought her character was funny, honest, and always on her toes. I feel like young children could really relate to her and the daily challenges she faced. I agree with you that I liked how she was able to find what she was good at.